Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Sheetrocking, cement steps, and some damage to window work

I just got back from Europe, checked up on house. Sheetrocking went up when we were away. Jason Ward helped direct the workers. They didn't seem to take to heart my father's insistence that the windows be protected and not damaged. Jason also reiterated this point when they started. Suffice to say, I am pissed.

On top of that, the guy in charge of them went over to the house after I called with my concerns and "cleaned" it all up. No problem. He did this without telling me, and when I check next, I bet there is damage.

Below are just a few representative examples. I have more pictures, but will only use them when I have to prove that damage happened.



F'ing pencil marks, also indenting the grain! WTF!! All over top floor windows.



Door jams marred, dented, and dirtied.



Some weird stain with a rag in the living room.



Even the doors with caked on mud, discoloring the finish.



The good thing is that the job is almost complete, and mudding is basically done.











From the last pour (when I was gone) - the landing for the front stairwell.







The stairwell - I don't think it is complete (probably needs to be finished off). Some airpocket holes on the vertical faces of the stairs.



Lets hope this all gets sorted out. Moral of the story. Don't trust what most people say they will do.

No comments: